Monday, June 18, 2007

MEME: Monday Music Mambo – Splurgetastic!


RFDuck, mememeister, finds himself in full-blown summer mode, saying, “Hello again! The mambo continues. This week's theme is National Splurge Day.”

If you were given an unlimited budget for one day, what music-related things would you splurge on? You could buy CDs (or ultra-rare LPs), concert tickets, memorabilia - anything related to music.”

Sure, I'd like to dream about getting all the CD's, LP's, etc, I've ever lusted after. Except, I'm coming into divestiture mode, ie. getting rid of excess in anticipation of the end times. Still, there is some music I'd like to get to plug into a big MP3 player. And I secretly wish for a couple of decent guitars, six and 12-string acoustics and an electric guitar and bass with amps (not priceless, just a nice quality with good tone and action). Just because I'd like to learn how to play well enough to amuse myself and others. Oh, and some different, inexpensive flutes and whistles, some drums, a chanter, bagpipes, someone to re-work my father's old violin and bow, and enough time to get good enough to not send people running in the opposite direction the first time I stroke the bow over the strings...

We'll do another question because yesterday was Violin Day.

What is your favorite style of music, or band/artist, that uses the violin/fiddle?

This is actually tough for me. I am very fond of both classical music as well as Cajun and Bluegrass styles of fiddling. Push come to ultimate shove, it'd be classical music – I can listen to that longer than I can anything else.

If you want to play along, click the title above to get a clean copy of the questions and to leave a link to your answers in the comments.


1 comment:

Russ said...

Thanks for mamboing! You'll have enough equipment for a whole band after that splurge.