Mistress Otto has been dealing with her weird offspring and things have just gone to hell in a hand basket around the Monday Madness Bordello and Barbershop lately. Here's what she has to say THIS week:
Since around here, school has just begun again after summer vacation, my questions this week will be based on school and education... Thanks for playing and I hope you all have a great week! =)
1. Do you have children in school? No, our kids are all grown up with families of their own.
2. Are YOU currently in school (any level)? Nope, not this year. I sometimes take a class to keep my brain working. ;)
3. Did you (or your children) attend a public or private school? Public school.
4. As far as formal education, what level have you completed? Some college and extensive self-directed study beyond college. I'm somewhere close to a doctorate level these days, if my education were to be judged in light of academic levels. In reality, all I can point to is a high school diploma.
5. Do you, or did you have loans out for your (or your children's) education? No, that was a personal choice each child made on their own and for which they're entirely responsible (thank goodness for pointy heads!) I, on the other hand, worked my way through three years of college and have paid for all additional courses taken over the years. Working to pay for college really isn't an option with tuitions what they are today, sad to say.
6. What are your thoughts on the cost of tuition for colleges and universities? It is sadly out of reach of most deserving students and the situation is worsening. I really wouldn't be surprised to see a return to the elitism of the past, driven by the widening gulf between the haves and the have-nots.