Patrick seems to be fixated on Halloween. An interesting contrast for such a devout Christian, no? Here's his remarks for this week:
We’re quickly approaching Halloween, so I thought another set of questions on this theme would be in order. But before we begin with the spooky questions, it was Otowi of “Otowi” who was first to play last week. Congratulations!
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal…but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as “first to play,” you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!
1. If you’re all alone on a dark and stormy night when a particularly scary movie comes on, will you watch it or change the channel? I generally won't watch scary movies of the slasher or Freddy Kruger variety. A good suspense tale is fine and I have a special fondness for vampires and werewolves and other beasties that inhabit the archetypical conciousness of humans' minds.
2. If you could remake any old horror movie, which one would you choose and why? Why remake old films – leave them be. I might be cajoled into offering a new interpretation of such a classic as An American Werewolf in London though, just because it is getting dated.
3. If you had the chance to spend the night in a room that you really believed was haunted by a malevolent ghost, would you? As I don't believe in ghosts, spirits, souls, etc. I am sorry but the answer would be no. The question is null.
4. Take the quiz: What is your Halloween personality?
I don't wear Halloween costumes. Even when required to at work, my sole concession was to wear a half-mask as a walrus. Koo-koo-ka-choo.
What Your Halloween Habits Say About You
The scariest thing on Halloween is you! You definitely don't want any kids in costumes crossing your path - and you're willing to scare away any who do. No one quite understands you, but everyone also sort of worships you. And that's exactly how you like it. Your inner child is stubborn and a bit bossy. You fear people taking advantage for you. You are always worried about protecting your own interests. You're logical, rational, and not easily effected. Not a lot scares you... especially when it comes to the paranormal. You are a traditionalist with most aspects of your life. You like your Halloween costume to be basic, well made, and conventional enough to wear another year.
5. Who is your favorite horror writer/novelist? Laurell K. Hamilton, author of the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series. Tanya Huff and her Blood... series is a close second. Stephen King is a master, but not always my cuppa.
6. How many years has it been since you last went trick-or-treating? By my best estimate, it has been about 25 years since I last went trick or treating. My kids were 12 and 14 then. Good times.
I'll be sitting at home, minding my own business on All Hallow's Eve. You are welcome to visit – it's the scariest, spookiest house on the road for miles – all year long. My dog, Willow the Wunderhund, will be most happy to greet you. Or is that “eat you”? Hard to tell with a 135 pound Mastiff-Rottweiler cross. Ignore the dog if you must, but beware of the owner. Bwahahahaha!