Patrick was heard to utter thusly, “Me? Miss a "Saturday Six?" Never! It's been a spectacularly long week. And add to that the fact that I've actually been working on these questions off and on all day. I've changed a few, then changed them back, then changed them again. I hope you like what I finally came up with!
But before the questions, it's time to recognize the first person to play last week. That honor went to Jim, of "skelligrants," who was the first person to leave a link to the specific entry in which he answered the questions. Congratulations, Jim.
To those who aren't sure how to add the address of the specific entry, it's easy: once you've posted that entry in your journal, go to the bottom of that entry, click the "Link to this entry" hyperlink, then when that page loads, simply copy the address that appears in your browser window. In addition to the normal web address, right after your journal's name, it will say "/entries/" and a number. That whole URL is the web address to the specific entry in your journal.
And I don't think there were any first-timers last week. If there were, they didn't say so, so let me know if I missed someone!”
Here are this week's "Saturday Six" questions. Either answer the questions in a comment @Patrick's Place, or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal there so that everyone else can visit! If you don't have an AOL journal, you can still play, but of course you'll at least need an AOL screen name, which you can get for free with AOL Instant Messenger, to be able to leave a comment. To be counted as "first to play," you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. (Again, if you're playing for the first time, please be sure to say so in the comment!) Enjoy!
1. You are invited to spend a night, alone, in a large house that is believed to be haunted. A close friend of yours whom you trust tells you of his or her own experience, and you have sufficient reason to believe that there may be a genuine haunting going on there. Without promise of any kind of reward for staying the night, would you agree to do so?
What do you most enjoy about your job?
The variety of the challenges that came my way each day.
3. Who was the last person you had a conversation with? My wife. What was the main topic of the conversation? The “other” woman; it was prompted by the Adam Sandler/Paz Vega movie “Spanglish.”
4. Take this quiz: What kind of "smart" are you?
You are all-around smart. Essentially, that means that you are a good combination of your own knowledge and experience, along with having learned through instruction - and you are equally as good with theoretical things as you are with real-world, applied things. You have a well-rounded brain.
20% theoretical intelligence
40% learned intelligence
5. What was the last food that you totally ruined -- to the point that it was inedible -- when trying to cook?
A steak – not only was it burned to a crisp but the fat in the pan dripped onto the oven window as I attempted to remove it from the broiler, causing the oven window to explode!
We ate hot dogs and beans that night...
6. STRANGELY-OBSCURE QUESTION #1: If you had to do over again, would you change anything?
Absolutely. Many, many things. And yes, in reply to the corollary to that question, I have many regrets.
If you have a Reader's Choice question you'd like to see asked (and answered), click the e-mail link on the About Me bar @Patrick's Place and send it to me.