Patrick's Saturday Six - Episode 106
Patrick says: “Sorry for the late posting on this week's set. I've been at a weekend writing conference, which I'll blog about later.
“Last week, Carly of "Ellipsis...Suddenly Carly" was again first to play last week. Carly also became the "first to play on the second time around" for the sixth edition of the Saturday Six, which can be found here. Congratulations, Carly!”
“Here are this week's "Saturday Six" questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as "first to play," you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!”
1. What food do you most enjoy cooking? How many people have you cooked this dish for?
I like cooking a simple spaghetti or linguine with a Sauce Bolognaise. I once fed 7000 striking students at the University of Vermont during the Kent State crisis, so I guess I can say, honestly, “thousands.”
2. If you could go behind the scenes at any television show to get a look at how things worked, which show would you choose and why?
I'd go behind the scenes of the writers' session of HOUSE in a heartbeat – they have to be some of the most evil men and women to commit word to paper since the days of Dorothy Parker and the Algonquin Round Table session.
3. Besides your bed, what's the easiest place in your home for you to take a nap? When was the last time you fell asleep there?
My computer chair. Indeed, in front of any computer. And I fell asleep there yesterday after lunch.
4. Take the quiz: What time of day are you? (Found at Shelly's Cyber Chocolate.)
You Are Midnight
You are more than a little eccentric, and you're apt to keep very unusual habits.
5. What time of year do you usually read the most books?
These days, I read the most books while waiting for my wife to get out of work. And the longest I have to wait is in the Spring, for unknown reasons. But I'm averaging an hour to an hour and a half of wait time which is also quality reading time.
6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #89 from Jamilynn: What is your favorite article of clothing? Is there a story behind it?
My favorite article of clothing is the charcoal gray, heavy wool forester's coat made by Filson called a Mackinaw Double Cruiser . SWMBO¹ is a Southern Belle, a hot house flower of the first order. Yet, she braved actual snow flurries to drive the 35 miles to buy that coat for our first christmas together. And don't think for a moment that she'll ever let me forget that she white-knuckled it all the way home, with white stuff blowing all around her, with my precious gift. The really sad thing is I have gotten too fat to wear it.
¹She Who Must Be Obeyed