Tuesday, July 04, 2006

MEME: Forty Things

Found this over at Patrick's, but have seen it elsewhere and, I swear, I answered this or something like it last year sometime. Nothing new under the sun...

1.Have you ever been searched by the cops?
Yes. It is not pleasant.
2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters?
No.
3. When was the last time you went sledding?
When my children were adolescents. The youngest is now 34. Do the math.
4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
I think I sleep “better” when I sleep alone. My wife says different. I do not sleep alone.
5. Do you believe in ghosts?
No, but it's fun to make believe.
6. Do you consider yourself creative?
Yes. Unrequited, but creative...
7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
Yes. Incompetence and illegal behavior led to the failure of the justice system. The jury's decision was the correct one, given the circumstances. I do believe he will someday be made to pay for his acts. Probably when he kills the next one.
8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
Angelina.
9. Do you stay friends with your exes?
Usually, but not always.
10. Do you know how to play poker?
Yes, but not well. I suck, actually.
11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
Yes, but it wasn't intentional.
12. What's your favorite commercial?
Right now, nothing comes to mind. My all time favorite is probably the old Jeep commercial “Death Takes A Holiday”
13. What are you allergic to?
Strawberries and bee stings.
14. If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around do you run red lights?
I do a stop-look-listen and then go. The one time you run a red light and aren't careful is the day you get killed.
15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
Of course.
16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
Sox
17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?
Yes, many times, mostly in my youth.
18. How often do you remember your dreams?
Rarely. Maybe one in a hundred?
19. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
I can't recall.
20. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles?
Sure. Rocky Raccoon, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Yesterday, Eleanor Rigby, When I'm 64.
21. What's the one thing on your mind now?
What to make for dinner.
22. Do you know who Ghetto-ass Barbie is?
No
23. Do you always wear your seat belt?
Yes
24. What cell service do you use?
Tracfone – I only carry a cell phone for emergency use. It is not on unless I need to call out.
25. Do you like Sushi?
Love it.
26. Have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident?
More than I can count.
27. What do you wear to bed?
T-shirt in summer, turtleneck in winter – I get stiff muscles in my neck and shoulders if I don't.
28. Been caught stealing?
No.
29. What shoe size do you have?
44
30. Do you truly hate anyone?
Not sure and don't feel like wasting the time needed to suss out the answer.
31. Classic Rock or Rap?
Rock
32. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?
Today, it would be Andie MacDowell ( I watched part of Four Weddings and a Funeral at lunchtime).
33. Favorite Song?
Spring of '65 as performed by the Peter Stampfel while with the Holy Modal Rounders
34. Have you ever sang in front of the mirror?
Yep.
35. What food do you find disgusting?
At my size, I can't afford to be picky...
36. Do you sing in the shower?
Only when alone in the house – last time I killed the canary.
37. Did you ever play, “I'll show you mine, if you show me yours?”
Sure.
38. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
Sadly, yes.
39. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?
Yes
40. Have you ever been punched in the face?
Several times. I am a pugnacious bastard when I get drunk...

There you have it. Want to play along? Windoze users just RIGHT CLICK and choose “Save Link As” to download this list (in HTML format) and open it in your editor and get started supplying your answers. It beats having to erase someone else's answers... Mac users, do what you have to do to FTP a file...

No comments: