Monday, July 31, 2006

MEME: Monday Madness Miscellanea


Otto says, "I'd like to thank you ALL for playing! I hope you enjoy these because I'll be typing them as I think of them! =) Have a great week!"

1. Do you have a photo blog? If so, feel free to share the link with us! Yes, but I haven't posted a new image for public consumption in a year or so, so I guess the real answer is no...
2. How many pets do you own, and what are their names? If none, have you had a favorite pet in the past? Let's see, there's Willow the Wonderdog, Lucifer, the inside cat, Alex (Alexandra) the Cockatiel, Pumpkin, Grace, Little P, Patches, Smudge, George, Blackie, Whitey, Fred & Socks, the feral cats. And now Lexy Cat, my brother's feline companion. How many's that? Socks is going to a new home just as soon as we're sure he's 8 weeks old... so deduct one Real Soon Now.
3. How many times a week does the carpet in your house get vacuumed? No carpet? How many times a MONTH do your floors get mopped? Not often enough.
4. Which room in your house do you spend the most time in? The "living room" if I am with my wife, the "library" when I'm at the computer. But, in reality, the one room that sees me most consistently is probably the bedroom...
5. Have you read any good books lately? John Scalzi's "The Ghost Brigades" and Charlaine Harris' "Dead As A Doornail." I'm in the middle of Todd McCaffrey's "Dragonsblood" and just starting Leonard Cohen's "
The Favourite Game."
6. What is your biggest source of news? (Newspaper? Television? Radio? Other?)
These days, sad to say, it's the internet, followed by television and newspapers. The only time I pick up a newsmagazine is when waiting for food at China Light. I prefer to listen to Radio Paradise over the internet for the music content -- they have no news. Sometimes, if I'm caught in rush hour traffic, I'll turn on Maine Public Radio and listen to All Things Considered. The local paper's web site is my home page.

If you want to play along, click the link at the top of this entry and you'll be swept away into the Monday Madness funhouse and comments emporia.

No comments: