Wednesday, July 05, 2006

MEME: Wednesday Mind Hump – Workaholic Day


RFDuck, of the Oregon Cajun Ducks, raised his head from his beer long enough to utter these fateful words:

“Hi everyone! All recovered from Independence Day? Sorry, it's back to work today! Vacation is over. How appropriate, because today is Workaholic Day.”

1. Are you a workaholic, or lazy? Or in between? I'm both. When I last worked, I routinely put in 70 and 80 hour weeks. No overtime pay – I was a salary man. Now I am a lazy bum, sleeping 'til noon, accomplishing naught of worth nor value to the world.

2. Do you think people are overworked today, or do you think they manage a good balance of work and non-work life? Depends where you are. I think most Yanks work too much; most French and Germans work too little. That's hardly a balance. Canadians and most Brits work just the right amount. Given my druthers, though, I'd rather have the work to play ratio of the Aussies.

3. What's one job that you'd glady put in hour and hours of overtime for? Medical Doctor.

4. Fun, random question: Do you prefer hot dogs or hamburgers at a cookout, and why? So many variables go into this answer. Do you know the cook? Is s/he the type to buy high quality ingredients, stores them properly and handles them hygienically? Does s/he tend to overcook meats on the grill? Under cook? Are they a piercer or masher?

Short answer: hamburgers are usually preferred if I know and like the way the cook prepares food; hot dogs if they are an unknown quantity to me.

If you'd like to participate, visit the Wednesday Mind Hump Massage and Pizza Parlor and follow the directions written over the pay phone on the wall of the hall to the loo...

No comments: