Sunday, December 24, 2006

MEME: Sunday Seven - Episode 69



This past week, we lost one of the greats in the world of animated cartoons, Joseph Barbera. The list of the characters created by Barbera and his partner William Hanna is lengthy. You can see it for yourself here. That little bit of reading should prepare you for this week's question.

But first, Jude, of "My Way" was first to play last week for the second week in a row! That means that Jude has the distinction of being first to play for both the Saturday Six and Sunday Seven for two weeks in a row! Congratulations, Jude!

On to this week's question!

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:
Name your top seven favorite Hanna-Barbera cartoons.


  1. Fred Flintstone (The Flintstones)

  2. Yogi Bear Show

  3. Tom & Jerry

  4. Huckleberry Hound Show

  5. The Jetsons

  6. Quickdraw McGraw

  7. The Ruff and Reddy Show


That was a trifle difficult – I stopped watching cartoons very early in my teens (aided by living outside of the US) and I must confess I didn't watch very much in the way of Hanna-Barbera stuff when I was younger. I preferred things like Popeye, Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse and the earlier cartoons to the relatively static images of those from the H-B house. Just a personal preference, I guess. Then came Rocky and Bullwinkle – paws down, the best cartoons on television, ever.

No comments: