Thursday, December 07, 2006

MEME: Weekend Assignment #142



John M. Scalzi's Weekend Assignment #142: Kill These Christmas Songs



The Aol Blogmeister opines, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and it's beginning to sound like Christmas too. Which makes this Weekend Assignment particularly trenchant. This is something I did elsewhere a couple years ago, and the response was good enough that I think is worth asking here:

Weekend Assignment #142: Your Christmas/Holiday gift is the ability to expunge one highly annoying yet popular Christmas/Holiday song from the history of the world. Which one is it?

Extra Credit: Fruitcake: Ever actually eat any?"

Dear John,

My choice for elimination from the holiday song hit parade has got to be Dr. Elmo's (formerly Elmo & Patsy) Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.” It sets my teeth on edge just to think about it! Indeed, probably 90% of the music associated with this season sets me off, running for the woods, swinging my chainsaw at the oh-so-casual trespassers on my farm looking to score a free xmas tree. I loves me that -- just to see the spurt of bright red on the snow makes me ...

Er, I'll stop now...

wil

PS. Yeppers, fruit cake – got's to have me some – the only legitimate reason for an old alky to suck on a piece of bourbon-soaked raisin bread, topped with hot hard sauce. Oh my, the memories! Yummy!




No comments: