Saturday, December 23, 2006

Saturday Six - Episode 141



Patrick looks up from his flagon of eggnog and explains, I wish you all the merriest of Christmases and the happiest of New Years! Here's a holiday-themed edition of the Saturday Six.”

“But first, Nichole of "My Two Cents" was first to play last week for the second week in a row! Congratulations again , Nichole!”


Here are this week's "Saturday Six" questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as "first to play," you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!”

1. How many Christmas Cards did you receive from people you hadn't sent cards to, after the "mailing deadline?" Did you send a card anyway?
None that I can think of. I/we don't send cards, so it really is a non-issue for me/us.
2. At this point, do you weigh more or less than you did on January 1, 2006? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
About the same. I fluctuate in weight about eight pounds at any given time. Losing weight with diabetes is such a task...
3. When the clock strikes Midnight on New Year's, will you be at home, at a party, or somewhere else?
Unless I am sitting in the car in the parking lot of the nursing home where my wife works, waiting for her to come out so we can go home, I expect I will be at home, on the computer, waiting for my wife to return. It's dependant on weather and how my wife was feeling that day when she got ready for work.
4. Take the quiz: What's your holiday stress level?

Silly quiz alert -- the choices bear little resemblance to reality.

Your Holiday Stress Level is Moderate

The holidays sometimes stress you out, but mostly because they wear you down.
Take it easy! You can have a fun holiday without running yourself ragged.

What's Your Holiday Stress Level?


5. Have you ever been the designated driver at a party or outing with your friends?
Sure. Even when I was an active drinker, I was often the designated driver. It's one of those things I can/could do – supress the desire for pleasure to the greater good.
6. Have you ever taken the keys and driven home a friend that you felt was too drunk to drive? If not, do you think you would attempt to if that situation ever arose?

I've done that many times in the past. I've also stolen keys out of coats and purses so the drunks have no choice but to stay until sober after sleeping it off. I've also called the police and advised them of inebriated operators on the road. I may be a drunk ... but I'm a responsible drunk.

No comments: