Monday, March 21, 2005

The Irish Sunday Brunch: Bushmill's & Bagels



Erica, a teensy bit preggers and a little ditzy, greeted her loyal followers thusly:

"Everyone, I am SO SORRY this is up late! Today is my hubby's birthday,
and with all the preparations for his party, I completely forgot. My
apologies!

How about an Irish proverb?"

"You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was." -Irish Proverb

1) What did you do to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, if anything?
Nothing special. Gave the world an Erin Go Braugh and went back to sleep.


2) Did you wear green, and if so, what?
No, but, if I had, it would have been a Kelly Green necktie from the early seventies (it's about an inch and a quarter wide!) made of Irish Linen with an embroidered Irish Harp upon it.

3) Have you ever seen a rainbow from end to end?
Yes, out West you see them often. Not so, here in the East. No pot of gold to be found. When you reach the end of a rainbow it moves on you...

4) Have you ever visited or want to visit Ireland?
Yes, I want to, if my health ever improves to the point where I can walk a lot again, I'd like to go. I am half Irish, after all.

5) What is your best St. Patrick’s Day memory?
Nothing comes to mind. When I still drank, more often than not I'd have no recollection of St. Paddy's Day, and then, who wants to remember the loo you're barfing in?

Get yourself on The Sunday Brunch mailing list so you, too, can enjoy making late entries :) Don't forget to leave a link over at the Brunch's comments to your answers.

No comments: