Sunday, March 13, 2005

Saturday Six - Episode 48


Saturday Six - Episode 48

Visit Patrick's Place to get yourself a set of these questions. Don't forget to leave a link to your answers in the comments section there. Here's mine:

1. Have you ever called 911 for an emergency?
Many times in the thirty years I have lived here. Once for a chimney fire -- it's embarrassing when the fire chief has to call in his own chimney fire. Maybe ten times for auto accidents -- the road gets slick and folks fail to slow to a safe speed for conditions and end up off the road and unable to continue their journeys because their vehicle is upside down on my lawn. Once for a brother who attempted suicide by swallowing a vast quantity of barbiturates.

2. Do you spend more or save more?
Than what? Than the average resident of the United States. Best answer I can give is that I am a large pack rat who hates to spend money if it isn't necessary.

3. How many live plants do you have in your home now? Do you give them enough attention?
One. The cat is slowly eating it to death. You be the judge...

4. What was the last thing you did to exercise? How often do you exercise?
Carried 80 pounds 50 yards from my car to the house ... so obviously, not enough.

5. Where do you compare with regard to your parents: do you feel like an adult, or still like the "kid?" If you feel like an adult, when did you first feel that way?

Both of my parents are dead and have been for over 27 years in the case of my father, 40 years in the case of my mother. I have felt like an adult, albeit a pretty stupid one, since I was 13 years old, two years before my mother's death.

6. Who is the last person you received a personal card or letter from that wasn't sent to mark a special occasion?
I can't recall receiving a personal letter or card in over ten years not associated with a birthday or Christmas. Excluding former lovers, it may actually be closer to twenty years, in which case it was a letter from my stepdaughter, Kate.

Have a super weekend. Dodged a bullet today ... only got eight inches of snow instead of the close to two feet forecasted.

No comments: