Thursday, September 28, 2006

Dis 'n' Dat...

This story has been the big excitement around here. More state troopers and sheriff's deputies crawling the roads and woods and running roadblocks. Bloody helicopters hovering overhead while I took my outdoor shower yesterday (58 degrees with a 15 mph breeze then add the downwash from the helicopter– can you say nippley?). It's been a nuisance and a caution, for sure. Nothing to it but to wait them all out. Willow the Wunderhund was thoroughly unimpressed with all the commotion, only giving a desultory bark when a deputy pulled in and got out to search the parked truck and car. She did get excited about her supper, though. That's her on the “Test Video” down below playing with the snowstick last Christmas Eve.

I've been daily sorting crap out at my brother's place. It hadn't been cleaned or otherwise disturbed by anyone than him in the past ten years. He was basically a bear with furniture, and not much of that, either! It's actually been about 25 years since a woman set foot in the place. It's a bit ghastly, made much worse by the remains of a tree falling and collapsing the roof over the kitchen a few years ago!

I come home in the evening tired and discouraged and not much in the mood to write original entries. So if you've wondered what's up with me, that's it in a nutshell. I hope I can get back to being creative and writing fun stuff once snow flies, but no promises. Got my name in to a big name mail order/retailer of all things wonderful to do seasonal work as a telephone customer service representative for the xmas season and that will hopefully get me enough money for gifts and kerosene for the winter. Otherwise, its going to be a cold winter, indeed. Of course, I suppose I could generate a little heat by rubbing two kittens together...

No comments: