Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday Music Mambo - Week 116

Rfduck extracted his beak from his tail feathers long enough to observe, “Hello mamboers! I'm back again with questions for your amusement. Today is Important Things Day according to americangreetings.com, my source for daily themes. Yeah, I'd say some important things happened today! So what I want you to do . . .”

Name five songs that celebrate what's great about America. Songs about cars, songs about freedom, songs about food, songs about being independent. Anything that you think sounds like or speaks about what it means to be American, no matter how trivial.”


The rules are, there are no rules!!! All you need to do is copy and paste the above questions into your blog and add your responses. After you've finished, return here and leave us a comment so we'll know you've Mamboed. Be sure your Mambo is linked back to http://bdinsanity.blogdrive.com so others can dance too.

Remember, there are no right or wrong answers. If one of the questions doesn't inspire you then simply "pass" it. Just use your imagination and dance like crazy!

If you don't have a blog or you're an exhibitionist *woo hoo* feel free to Mambo right here in our comments section. There's absolutely no pressure ... although it's called the Monday Music Mambo you can Mambo on any day.

Until next time, this is your music-lovin' Mememeister saying have a good Monday and a good Mambo!



My answer goes something like this:

  1. This Land Is Your Land -Woody Guthrie

  2. The Happy Wanderer – author unknown

I love to go a-wandering,
Along the mountain track,
And as I go, I love to sing,
My knapsack on my back.

Chorus:
Val-deri,Val-dera,
Val-deri,
Val-dera-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha
Val-deri,Val-dera.
My knapsack on my back.

I love to wander by the stream
That dances in the sun,
So joyously it calls to me,
"Come! Join my happy song!"

I wave my hat to all I meet,
And they wave back to me,
And blackbirds call so loud and sweet
From ev'ry green wood tree.

High overhead, the skylarks wing,
They never rest at home
But just like me, they love to sing,
As o'er the world we roam.

Oh, may I go a-wandering
Until the day I die!
Oh, may I always laugh and sing,
Beneath the clear blue sky!

  1. When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again – traditional, author unknown

  2. You're a Grand Old Flag - George M. Cohan

  3. When The Caissons Go Rolling Along – Major (later Brig.Gen.) Edmund L. Gruber, 1907

    Have a good week, folks. Don't let the bastards grind you down...

No comments: