Monday, September 18, 2006

MEME: Sunday Seven - Episode 55




I've been making more arrangements for the big move, but I remembered to actually write the question before midnight in my own time zone! So get ready to take a tour of one room of your home to get the answers for this week's quiz.

But first, Carly, of "Ellipsis...Suddenly Carly" was first to play last week! Congratulations, Carly!

On to this week's question!

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:
Take a walk through your kitchen. Come up with at least seven appliances or electric gadgets that you'd hate to be without when you have kitchen duty for any reasonable length of time.



  1. 6” Santoku knife

  2. 8” Nakiri vegetable knife

  3. 12” French Chef's Knife

  4. Whisks

  5. Cast-Iron pots and pans

  6. cook stove

  7. coffee maker

    Give me knives, pots, pans and a few basic tools with good ingredients in sufficient quantities and enough coffee to keep ME going and I can feed people for days ... and have. For over forty years I have cooked for as few as one and as many as thousands of ravenous college kids (no joke – I ran a soup kitchen during the Kent State aftermath at the University of Vermont). You can keep you fancy appliances – give me the basics that don't need electricity and I'm right at home ... sort of the story of my life in a nutshell, I suppose.

No comments: