Sunday, September 03, 2006

MEME: Saturday Six - Episode 125



This week seemed to go by quickly, despite the fact that it had a very slow start. I hope all of my friends on the east coast are drying out after Ernesto's heavy rains. I'm just glad that it wasn't worse than it ended up being!

But first, Novelist Judy of "Welcome to My World of Dreams" was first to play last week because she was first to post a link to the specific entry in which she answered the questions. Congratulations, Judy, and welcome to the "Saturday Six!"

Here are this week's "Saturday Six" questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as "first to play," you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!

1. What was the last charity you donated something to? How long ago did you make your last donation?
American Red Cross – this past spring. Nosy, ain't cha?
2. Describe the worst weather event/national disaster that you experienced firsthand.
I've been through several hurricanes, monsoons, tornadoes, and ice storms ... each with it's own terrifying elements. However, I think the worst national disaster I've ever experienced was the re-election of George Bush to a second term. That just gutted any faith I had left that a free and informed electorate was possible in this country.
3. Did the experience you just described change you in any way, (or if you've never experienced such an event firsthand, do you think it would change you significantly)?
I answered the question above. Now, the worst weather disaster in my experience was the 1997 ice storm. It came down to the question of which would happen first: Do I freeze to death or will they get power turned on before I do. I'm still here.
4. Take the quiz: What subjects should you have studied in school?

Your Learning Style: Practical and Rational

You aren't afraid of hard work... or learning something completely on your own.

You Should Study:

Accounting
Business
Civil Engineering
Finance
Health administration
Law
Medicine

What Should You Study?


5. Did you actually study or major in any of the courses suggested by the quiz?
No, but I've worked at the periphery of civil engineering for many years as a regulator.
6. What's your current screen saver? How long have you had it, and what do you like best about it?

I use the Webshots screen saver. I like it because I am provided with a steady stream of new, high quality images from all over the world. Four a day, as a paying member. I like the variety. Plus I can add my own images into the mix.


If you have a Reader's Choice question you'd like to see asked (and answered), click the e-mail link in the Blogger profile for Patrick and send it to him. If you feel like playing along, visit Patrick at his Patrick's Weekender site and get a copy of the questions for yourself.

No comments: