Monday, July 02, 2007

MEME: Monday Music Mambo – Canada Mambo Long Time

Rfduck, mememeister du jour, looked at the calendar and found the answer to why his small western Oregon town had been seemingly overrun with refugees from Vancouver, “Hello everyone! Time for another mambo. Sunday was Canada Day, so we'll make an all-Canadian playlist.”


Choose one song for each artist:

1. Joni Mitchell: Both Sides Now, Jericho, Big Yellow Taxi
2. Bryan Adams: Straight From The Heart, Summer of 69
3. Neil Young: Old Man and so many, many more (I have 96 songs, with dupes, in my collection. Perhaps the most prolific song writer of the late 20th century)
4. Sarah McLachlan: Adia; Do What You Have To Do, Blue
5. The Band: The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down; The Weight; Cripple Creek
6. Barenaked Ladies: What A Good Boy (studio)
7. Leonard Cohen (Yes, again. If you can't think of anything, just choose "Hallelujah."): The Partisan; Field Commander Cohen
8. k.d. Lang: I love her cover of Cohen's Hallelujah; Busy Being Blue, Help Me
9. Alanis Morrisette: Hand In My Pocket, Knees Of My Bees,
10. Rush: After careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that I just never liked anything RUSH ever did. Therefore, I am substituting for Number 10. Gordon Lightfoot, whose Canadian Railroad Trilogy, The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, and Rainy Day People, to name only three, hold more interest to me than the sum total of all Rush has ever done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love k.d.'s version of Hallelujah, too! I'm very happy with your #10! Excellent choice of artist and songs!:) Go Gordon!!:)

Matt Simone said...

Rush is one of the best bands ever... Ever listen to Neil Peart rip off a drum solo? ever leisten to 2112?


me thinks you're mistaken..of course taste is totally subjective

threecollie said...

I like Canadian Driftwood by the band very, very well.

Russ said...

Thanks for mamboing!