Patrick seems to be having the time of his life. Witness these comments he made this week, introducing this episode of the Saturday Six: “Recently, Steven Colbert, of Comedy Central fame, visited his old stamping grounds of Charleston. Colbert was honored by ice cream giant Ben & Jerry’s with a flavor created in his honor. “AmeriCone Dream” is a mixture of vanilla ice cream, fudge-covered waffle cone pieces and a caramel swirl.”
“Just recently, another Lowcountry resident won a national contest to create her own flavor of Blue Bell Ice Cream. Jae Hegley’s “Southern Hospitality,” features vanilla swirled with pineapple, roasted pecans and a strawberry swirl.”
“But first, Wil of “The Daily Snooze” was first to play last week. Congratulations, Wil!” (Yeah, ME!)
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal…but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as “first to play,” you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!
1. What is your absolute favorite dessert? A lemon cheesecake that my first wife used to make. Unlike regular cheesecake, this filling was as light as a feather and simply burst with the flavor of Meyer Lemons.
2. When is the last time you had it? Let's see. We got divorced in 1985 and had been separated for a little over a year. So sometime in 1983, for sure.
3. If you had to give up one of the following for life: cookies, cake, ice cream, pie, or chocolate, which would you choose never to try again? Cookies. I'd miss them, but I'd survive. Whereas, life without chocolate isn't really living, now is it?
4. Take the quiz: What flavor of ice cream are you?
You Are Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
You are kind, popular, and generous.
Not even close, I might add. Although, I do like Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
5. If you attempted to make the dessert you like best, how well do you think it would turn out? I have tried, several times. I don't have the knack. 'Barely edible' would best describe my most brilliant recreation.
6. If you were going to invent your own flavor of ice cream to be carried by a company like Ben & Jerry’s, what ingredients would you require? Hmmm, let's see. Jim Beam Bourbon whiskey, raisins, roasted pecans, cream, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and M&M's chocolate candies. With a vanilla ice cream base, it's a “Rocky Road meets Bo and Luke Duke on a back road” kind of treat. Let's call it “Kentucky Moonshine Rock Slide”, shall we? We'll sell millions of gallons of the stuff to alkies alone!